- Useful standard dimensions (N to #1 Scales)
- Scale conversions (Z to #1)
- Grade calculators and charts
- Comparisons of Large Scales (1:32 to 1:14)
- Rail sizes (N to #1)
- Pipe sizes (N to #1)
- Car weights (N scale)
- Diesel chronology
- Scenery philosophy and techniques
- Hand laying track (N, code 40) and SDSoNS standards
- Turnout tie and construction patterns (N)
- Plastruct plastic shapes conversions (Z to #1)
- Brass shapes conversions (Z to #1)
- CAD and GIF drawings of the SDSoNS Pacific Desert Lines layout
- CAD and GIF drawings of the ATSF #3000, a 2-10-10-2 articulated Mallet
- CAD and GIF drawings of other projects as I get the drawings done
- Photos of SDSoNS club member trains and cars.
- Photos of structures on the PDL.
- Photos of the PDL layout.
- Photos I have taken on my railfanning jaunts.
- Information on the Carson & Colorado - SP narrow gauge (The Slim Princess).
- The progress of the SDSoNS narrow gauge line on the PDL layout.
- Data for hand made Nn3 turnouts, with construction templates.
- Photos, drawings, information, & links to other narrow gauge websites.
Original etchings (by me) based on photos of equipment and locations on the ASTF, the SP, narrow gauge lines and other details. A great way to dress up your train room.
The SDSoNS are a principal exhibitor in the San Diego Model Railroad Museum, located in San Diego, CA's Balboa Park. This site gives pertinent information on the club and its activities.
PDL is the largest N scale layout in constant public view in the world.
Plans of the layout, facts, figures, and descriptions & photos of significant models, including my model of the 633' long Goat Canyon Trestle.
An idea whose time never came. I planned to create full sets of drawings in most modeling scales, with instructions to successfully make a structure from scratch.
- Painting and weathering tips and processes from magazines, mail-lists and newsgroups on the internet.
- Southern Pacific paint color schemes such as the Daylight, plus structure and freight equipment colors.
- Links to other interesting railroad related sites on the web
- Links to other members of SDSoNS.
©1997 blanchard design, all rights reserved
Photo courtesy Don Winslow. Used with permission.